Alternative Learning Center for Agricultural and Livelihood Development, Inc. (ALCADEV)
Through education the indigenous people develop into effective leaders and productive members of their community and country and are able to improve their socio economic status and enhance their culture to competently deal with complex situations in the future.
To provide system of relevant knowledge , skills and values to develop the indigenous youth to be self-reliant, self -sufficient , analytical and creative in seeking ways to improve the quality of life to their families indigenous communities and the country.
1. To promote an alternative learning system for secondary education that enhance intellectual capacity and growth;and to reinforce their collective pride identity as indigenous people capable of taking an active role in shaping the country's future.
2. To provide various knowledge and skills on alternative farming i.e scientific , innovative, systematic and sustainable and to integrate into these and various areas of livelihood development.
3.To conduct relevant educational activities among parents and members of indigenous communities to contribute to their self-organization and cultural identity.
Disaster Response Center (DIRECT)
DIRECT envisions a society where the people has the utmost capacity, quality life, free from disasters and oppression, healthy environment and empowered to develop ones potential through community-based disaster management.
DIRECT further envisions women and children who are proud and free to exercise their rights a disaster response that is actively participated in by the people towards sustainable development, liberating and focuses on the increasing capability of the people to disasters and be able to cope with these.
Its mission is to assist sectors in vulnerable conditions and comprehensively responds to disaster situation and addresses the root causes of their vulnerabilities.
In times of disasters, women and children especially the Indigenous people (tribe) and the least and deprived sector and the people with disabilities as the most needy are the most vulnerable to hazards and disasters; special concern among them is the particular mission of the organization.
Its goal is to respond and assist the disaster survivors from the most vulnerable sector by rendering relief and rehabilitation assistance, educate and enhance the capacity of the people on disaster related situations, issues, problems and possible intervention to prevent further damages of the hazards.
Respond and assist the disaster survivors from the most vulnerable sector by rendering relief and rehabilitation assistance, educate and enhance the capacity of the people on disaster related situations, issues, problems and possible intervention to prevent further damages of the hazards.
Ethnic Groups Development Resource Center (EGDRC,Inc.)
EGDRC looks forward to a society where social justice prevails and where the basic aspiration of the indigenous peoples for the recognition of their right to self-determination is attained and upheld. It stands that genuine development for the ethnic minorities in this region can only be achieved through their active participation in the nation’s entire development process.
It seeks to assist the Indigenous Peoples’ advancement of their struggle for self-determination, and in defense of their Ancestral Domain. It also provides support for their efforts to nurture and harness their traditional social structure, customary laws, and help improve their economy with great observance to their communities’ cultural nuances in order to attain a level of social and economic parity with the majority population of the region and the country while retaining their indigenous identity and integrity.
The group envisions a just, humane and prosperous society where people equitably share in the nation’s wealth, have access to basic services and are self-reliant; a society where people meaningfully participate in a decision making and enjoy a credible government; a society whose people pride themselves in their cultural heritage and positive values; and a society that enjoys the blessings of a healthy environment and abundant natural resources.
Its mission is to assist in increasing the organized sector’s capacity to address the issues of poverty, environmental degradation, and internal displacement. It seeks the realization of the community-based disaster management program through the organization and development of a national network of similarly oriented institutions.
Mindanao Farmers Resource Center (MFRC,Inc.)
MFRC “envisions a society where the people enjoy the fruits of their efforts in having equitable access to natural and material resources; peace and justice; democratic participation and other requirements for a just, human and sustainable development.”
• improve the quality of life of the Filipino families dependent on agriculture;
• protect the environment from harmful exploitations and inappropriate utilization of agricultural resources;
• promote gender sensitivity among men and women in agricultural production;
• uplift awareness of women and youth on their political rights through organizing
• achieve self-sufficiency in food needs
• promote ecologically sound agriculture among the farmers
• develop people’s capability in collective work in agricultural development; and
• acquire land security for the farmer beneficiaries.
Mindanao Interfaith Services Foundation (MISFI)
It envisions a society free from social inequities, poverty and foreign aggression and a society working towards total human liberation where people are able to live out their full potentials and aspiration, exercise their faith freely and work as responsible builders of wealth and progress;
“MIPC is an aggrupation of non-government nationalist development organizations and people’s organizations in Mindanao that acts as a service institution committed to the Mindanao tri-people poor of Lumads, Moro and lowland communities through various capacity, conscious of the interfaith dimension of social development work."
1. To realize liberating entho-linguistic heritage and aspirations of Mindanao’s tri-people: poor Moro, Lumad and majority Filipino;
2. To develop homegrown solidarity groups of grassroots sectors – farmers, semi-skilled seasonal workes, urban poort and lowly professionals; and
3. To strengthen international relations that facilitate the creation of mechanisms of support for the tri-people poor’s needs, responses and rights assertion.
Tribal Filipino Program of Surigao del Sur,Inc-NGO (TRIFPSS,Inc.-NGO)
It envisions a community of indigenous people(Lumads) enjoying the fruit of their effort in their struggle for Right to self-determination and ancestral domain.
• promote the enhancement of the knowledge and capabilities of the indigenous peoples by providing education and training programs that answers their needs;
• contribute to the improvement of the socio-economic, political and cultural lives of the indigenous people(lumad) as well as the bio-physical environment by facilitating their access to productive resources and basic services;
• support the indigenous peoples aspiration to determine their own destiny through organizing themselves for economic, political and cultural improvement that is suited to their way of life.
• strengthen the existing indigenous people formation as structures for their participation in governance and management over their ancestral domain;
• sustain the efficiency and effectiveness of the institution in performing its assumed mission, constant sharing of experiences through staff development is practiced and community consultations are conducted.